This Wednesday, November 9th, your documentary trailer outline or "beat sheet" is due.
Documentary Beat Sheet Considerations
- Who will you interview?
- What questions will be asked?
- What stylistic visual elements will be used? (color, composition, title design)
- Is there a single connecting element? (interviews, narration, title cards)
- What type(s) of music will be used?
- How will the story be divided into three acts?
- Other than interviews, what specific elements will be collected?
For reference, take a look at this blog entry from writer John August:
WTF is a beat sheet?