Periods 3, 4, & 5
Today you're going to have a taste of deconstruction for the sake of understanding spatial continuity. If you have no idea what I just wrote, you will after this assignment.
Follow these directions CAREFULLY and IN ORDER.
1. CLICK this link
2. READ the article on the page (ignore the Comments section)
3. READ the script pages from The Dark Knight that the article references.
4. WATCH the second video clip on the page. It is the scene you just read. Enjoy the explosions.
5. WRITE a paragraph describing the scene you just watched. Does it match the script?
6. Now, WATCH the first video clip to see the deconstruction and analysis of the scene.
7. Lastly, in the same document as step 5, ANSWER the question: Do mismatches in spatial continuity ruin this scene, why or why not?
Note: Use your mymail account to complete this assignment in Google Docs. Don't forget to name the document (e.g., P3_Lastname_DarkKnight), and use a proper heading. If you forgot your mymail password, I feel bad for you, son.
Due at the end of the period on Wednesday, November 9, 2011.
- A. Manriquez